- September 27, 2021 - October 1, 2021
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer (CMT) program teaches participants the necessary skills to both resolve conflicts directly as well as train others on workplace conflict resolution strategies. In this 5-day course, participants learn how to mediate workplace conflict, resolve their own conflict situations and train others on effective workplace conflict resolution strategies.
By harnessing the latest instructional design, participants will learn the MTI method of Managing Workplace Conflict and how to deliver the MTI seminar modules both in-person and virtually:
- Necessary Knowledge (NK) establishes the core competencies of conflict resolution and how to think strategically about conflict, rather than react blindly to it, and is a prerequisite for
- Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) teaches individuals to mediate their own conflicts and how their behavior is impacting others (Self-As-Mediator), or
- Third-Party Resolution (TPR) prepares managers to take a proactive mediation role to resolve conflict between two other individuals (Manager-as-Mediator).
The certification also features the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP), an individual assessment that increases self-awareness and improves conflict management skills. By completing the program, participants become certified to present, administer and provide feedback on the CDP-Individual (CDP-I) Assessment.
Certified Mediator and Trainer (CMT) in Workplace Conflict Resolution
September 27 – October 1, 2021 (Monday through Friday)
Morning Sessions: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EDT
Afternoon Sessions: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT
Government or Non-Profit Organization: $2,120
Educational Organization: $1,870
Initial pre-work (2 – 3 hours of reading and preparation)
In-person training sessions
One-on-one live online 60-minute follow-up session with a Master Trainer
Who Should Attend
The CMT Program is for any professional, regardless of role or level within an organization, who wants to be certified in advanced workplace mediation and train others in conflict resolution skills.
The program is ideal for:
- Human Resource professionals and leaders within organizations who are responsible for training and development.
- External training consultants and mediators who want to conduct these seminars with clients.
Benefits of the CMT Course:
At the successful completion of the CMT, participants are recognized as:
- Certified Trainer of Conflict Resolution (Train-the-Trainer)
- Certified in the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) Assessment
- Certified as an MTI Workplace Mediator
Certified Trainer of Conflict Resolution (Train-the-Trainer)
Through the train-the-trainer certification, practitioners will be able to train others on effective workplace conflict resolution strategies by presenting MTI’s Third-Party Resolution (Manager-as-Mediator) and Successful Conflict Conversations (Self-as-Mediator) seminars. Materials needed for these seminars are available for purchase through MTI.
- Equip participants with conflict resolution strategies they can use to reduce conflict in their organizations.
- Provide tools to help participants build a system within their organizations for more effective mediation and conflict resolution.
Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual Certification
- Receive a comprehensive assessment of your own conflict behaviors through the Conflict Dynamics Profile.
- Understand the model and practical applications for the Conflict Dynamics Profile
- Become eligible to purchase the Conflict Dynamics Profile for your own business.
MTI Workplace Mediation Certification
Earn certification as an MTI Workplace Mediator and be able to mediate differences confidently and efficiently to increase organizational productivity.
- Equip participants with the necessary skills to mediate workplace conflict.
- Provide tools to help participants build a system within their organization for more effective mediation and conflict resolution.
- Teach participants how to help others work through the roadblocks that occur while trying to resolve conflict.
After certification, practitioners must purchase CDP licenses and Seminar material kits for each participant through MTI.
To become certified, you must attend all five days (morning and afternoon sessions) along with meeting the other requirements.
Venue: Courtyard US Capitol
The Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol hotel is located near Union Station DC and NoMa station. Conveniently located and just minutes from the U.S. Capitol guests are able to visit many top DC attractions including the Smithsonian and the National Mall. Designed for business travelers the hotel lobby features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi, and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via the GoBoard. Hotel restaurant features the Bistro, which provides guests with healthy breakfast selections in the morning & dinner options in the evening including cocktails and specialty Starbucks beverages. The hotel also includes a 24-hr business center, gym and pool.