Mediate Workplace Conflict and Teach Effective Conflict Resolution Strategies
The Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer (CMT) program teaches participants the necessary skills to both resolve conflicts directly as well as train others on workplace conflict resolution strategies. In this 5-day course, participants learn how to mediate workplace conflict, resolve their own conflict situations and train others on effective workplace conflict resolution strategies.
Alternatively, participants have the option of attending just the first 3 days, the Workplace Conflict Resolution Certified Trainer (CT) program designed to teach professionals practical techniques for managing workplace conflict.
Any professional, regardless of role or level within an organization, who wants to be certified in advanced workplace mediation and train others in conflict resolution skills.
Following the multi-phase training process, participants will be able to mediate differences confidently and efficiently to increase organizational productivity.
- Equip participants with the necessary skills to mediate workplace conflict.
- Teach participants how to train others on conflict resolution and mediation strategies.
- Provide tools to help participants build a system within their organization for more effective mediation and conflict resolution.
- Teach participants how to help others work through the roadblocks that occur while trying to resolve conflict.
At the end of the course, program participants are immediately certified as an MTI Workplace Mediator in Conflict Resolution.
To complete your MTI Certified Trainer (CT) Certification and Conflict Dynamics Profile – Indvidial (CDP-I) Certification we provide you with an additional one-on-one session with an MTI Master Trainer.
The goal of the one-on-one session with the Master Trainer is to provide you with an opportunity to apply the training you have learned over the course of the program.
Become Certified in the Conflict Dynamics Profile®
- Discovering how your own responses to conflict can help and hinder relationship
- Understand your impact on others through the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP) feedback
- Understand the aspects of the Conflict Dynamics Profile scales
- Gain skills through practice (CDP Mock Feedback Sessions)
Establish the Core Competencies/Necessary Knowledge
- Identifying the Nature of Conflict
- Discover our wrong reflexes and the Retaliatory Cycle
- Understanding the Conciliatory Cycle and forces toward harmony
- Why Mediation works: The Magic within the Method
- The Mediation Map: The road from disagreement to agreement/cooperation
- Learn how to mediate conflicts between others/Third Party Resolution
- Learn how to perform Managerial Mediation – the 5 steps of Third-Party Resolution
- Identify when and how to use Third-Party Resolution
- Gain skills through practice (Third-Party Resolutions)
Learn how to resolve conflict with others/self-mediation through Successful Conflict Conversations
- Learn the 4-step practical communication tool to be able to take effective action to resolve most conflicts between self and others
- Gain skills through practice (Successful Conflict Conversations)
- The Strategic Management of Organizational Conflict
- Stopping conflict before it starts: Preventive Mediation, a core life competency
- Weaving Mediation into the Fabric of Organizations – a resource for use in organizations and professional practices
Gain skills through practice (Train-the-Trainer sessions)
Tips, Insight and Personal Action Planning
- Why we do what we do: Demystifying conflict behavior
- Thirst for Power: How power, rights and interest impact every conflict
- Skills Practice Round Robin
- Unconscious Psychology of Attitude Change
- Paradigm Shift of the Professional Workplace Mediator
- Planning for mediation role-plays
- Nudging Past Impasse
- Gaining skills through practice (mediation role-plays)
- Bringing it all together
- Tips, Tricks and Personal Action Plans
Mediator Certification Cost: $2495
*The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.