All-In-One Conflict Resolution Trainer Program
Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT Program)
MTI’s Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT Program) is an all-in-one, train-the-trainer program which prepares coaches and trainers to teach practical mediation techniques for managing workplace conflict. Following the program, trainers are certified to deliver MTI’s conflict resolution seminars within their organization.
Over the course of this 3-day train-the-trainer program, participants learn the MTI method of Workplace Conflict Resolution and how to deliver the MTI seminar modules: Necessary Knowledge (NK), Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) and Third-Party Resolution (TPR).
The CT Program also features the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP), an individual assessment that increases self-awareness and improves conflict management skills. By completing the program, participants become certified to present, administer and provide feedback on the CDP-Individual (CDP-I) Assessment.
Who should attend this Conflict Resolution Training?
The Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT Program) is for professionals who want to train others in conflict resolution and basic mediation.
The program is ideal for:
- Human Resource professionals and leaders within organizations who are responsible for training and development.
- External training consultants and mediators who want to conduct these seminars with clients.
Certified to Deliver Conflict Resolution Seminars for Individuals, Managers and Teams
Following certification, the CT Program allows you to deliver three conflict resolution seminar modules. Designed for individuals and managers, each module offers world-renowned content and a practical conflict resolution process that is applicable to all industries:
- Necessary Knowledge (NK) establishes the core competencies of conflict resolution and how to think strategically about conflict, rather than react blindly to it, and is a prerequisite for,
- Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) teaches individuals to mediate their own conflicts and how their behavior is impacting others (Self-As-Mediator), or
- Third-Party Resolution (TPR) prepares managers to take a proactive mediation role to resolve conflict between two other individuals (Manager-as-Mediator).
Certification in the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) Assessment
As part of the program, participants are also certified to administer and deliver the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) version. The CDP-I is a powerful assessment that helps individuals and teams understand how they respond during conflict, what triggers can escalate conflict and how to manage conflict more effectively.
- Individuals benefit from understanding their conflict behaviors through an individual feedback report, along with a Development Guide that provides information and tips for coping with conflict and building strong interpersonal relationships.
- The CDP-I group report opens up the door for effective conversations about acceptable responses to conflict and how certain behaviors might inadvertently trigger irritation in their colleagues, as well as how to avoid pushing these hot buttons.
The CDP-I can be used with the MTI seminars, as part of a standalone workshop or in individual and team coaching.
CT Program participants have the additional benefit of understanding their own conflict behaviors by taking the CDP-I and receiving their own personal profile as part of this certification process.
Professional Certifications: Pre-approved Credit Hours
The CT Program is pre-approved for credit hours from the following professional organizations:
The Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT Program) is a comprehensive program divided into three unique learning phases which include 1) pre-work, 2) three days of in-person training and coaching, and 3) a practicum.
Phase 1: Complete the CT Program Pre-Work
- Review the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) Assessment Technical Guide and Interpretive Considerations Guide
- Take the CDP-I Assessment yourself
- Complete the Cost of Conflict Calculator and Conflict Culture Survey for review during class
Phase 2: Attend the 3-Day In-Person Training (View Upcoming Dates and Locations)
Conflict Resolution Training – 3-Day Course Outline
Become Certified in the Conflict Dynamics Profile®
- Discovering how your own responses to conflict can help and hinder relationship
- Understand your impact on others through the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP) feedback
- Understand the aspects of the Conflict Dynamics Profile scales
- Gain skills through practice (CDP Mock Feedback Sessions)
Establish the Core Competencies/Necessary Knowledge
- Identifying the Nature of Conflict
- Discover our wrong reflexes and the Retaliatory Cycle
- Understanding the Conciliatory Cycle and forces toward harmony
- Why Mediation works: The Magic within the Method
- The Mediation Map: The road from disagreement to agreement/cooperation
- Learn how to mediate conflicts between others/Third Party Resolution
- Learn how to perform Managerial Mediation – the 5 steps of Third-Party Resolution
- Identify when and how to use Third-Party Resolution
- Gain skills through practice (Third-Party Resolutions)
Learn how to resolve conflict with others/self-mediation through Successful Conflict Conversations
- Learn the 4-step practical communication tool to be able to take effective action to resolve most conflicts between self and others
- Gain skills through practice (Successful Conflict Conversations)
- The Strategic Management of Organizational Conflict
- Stopping conflict before it starts: Preventive Mediation, a core life competency
- Weaving Mediation into the Fabric of Organizations – a resource for use in organizations and professional practices
Gain skills through practice (Train-the-Trainer sessions)
Tips, Insight and Personal Action Planning
Phase 3: Complete a Seminar Practicum
At the end of the course, program participants are immediately certified to use the CDP-I and will receive a certificate of attendance for the training hours.
To complete certification for the CT program allowing you to conduct seminars and purchase materials, you must complete a Seminar Practicum for three to six participants.
- Practicum materials for six participants are included in the registration fee (a $480 value).
- When the practicum is completed, the practitioner sends the class evaluations to MTI.
- After approval of evaluations, MTI provides the participant with a certificate designating him or her as a Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution.
- The practicum must be completed within 90 days of the conclusion of the CT program.
- MTI will cover the cost for shipping and handling within the 48 contiguous states. Pracitioner who need expedited shipping and shipping outside of the continental U.S. will incur additional costs.
The Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT Program) gives you access to all the coursework, exercises, materials, videos and assessments you need to deliver these seminars on conflict resolution and mediation strategies.
Comprehensive Seminar Materials and Resources
The CT Program provides access to the Workplace Conflict Resolution Material Kits that must be purchased for each participant to conduct the Necessary Knowledge (NK), Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) and Third-Party Resolution (TPR) seminar modules.
Materials for Trainers to deliver the MTI seminars include:
- Trainer Guide and Participant workbooks for NK, SCC and TPR modules
- Necessary Knowledge Quick Reference Guide
- MTI Mediation Map
- Conflict Resolution Pocket Cards for SCC and TPR
- Managing Differences Sourcebook (by Dan Dana, Founder of MTI)
- Access to The Clash Videos outlining key principles of MTI’s conflict resolution methodology
- Access to the Cost of Conflict Calculator and Conflict Culture Survey for use in conflict evaluation and the seminars.
Cost of Conflict Calculator
The Cost of Conflict Calculator is a dynamic tool that measures the cost of conflict across an organization. The calculations are based on research and up-to-date industry averages.
The calculator provides measurement of the cost of conflict on:
- Organizational Productivity
- Manager & Employee Turnover
- Employee Theft and Sabotage
- Employee Health
- Decision Quality
Survey of Organizational Conflict Management
MTI’s Survey of Organizational Conflict Management Strategies is an organizational assessment that helps you measure the effectiveness of your organization’s current conflict resolution strategies.
Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP) Practitioner Portal
Certified Practitioners have access to the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP) Portal to purchase and administer the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) assessments.
On-Going Practioner Support
MTI offers marketing resources, webinar forums and support for all certified practitioners.
In order to deliver the conflict resolution seminars, practitioners need to become certified and purchase seminar material kits for each participant.
Certification Cost: $1495
- Access to the Leader Guides for the Necessary Knowledge (NK), Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) and Third-Party Resolution (TPR) seminars and the ability to purchase the Participant Kits to deliver these seminars.
- Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) Certification and access to the portal to purchase and deliver the CDP-I assessment.
Participant Material Cost
Each participant in these seminars needs a Participant Kit. Please contact us for pricing for certified trainers.
Necessary Knowledge (NK) Participant Kit
1 Kit Per Participant
Workbook + NK Resources
Introductory prerequisite seminar module that establishes the core conflict resolution competencies for either Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) or Third-Party Resolution (TPR).
Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) Participant Kit
1 Kit Per Participant
Workbook + SCC Resources
Teaches a unique communication tool participants can use in to stop their own conflict situations before they escalate.
– OR –
Thrid-Party Resolution (TPR) Participant Kit
1 Kit Per Participant
Workbook + TPR Resources
Prepares managers to use a unique communication tool to proactively resolve conflict between others before it escalates.
Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP)
1 License Per Participant
CDP Assessment + Electronic Development Guide
The CDP-I can be used in conjunction with these seminars, as part of a standalone workshop or in individual and team coaching.
Certification Cost: $1495
The Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT Program) is delivered in various cities across the United States and Canada throughout the year.
Preferred Certification Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of experience in management, human resources, training, organizational development, or conflict management
- Coursework in psychology, organizational behavior, entrepreneurship, or a related field
- Experience in using other assessment tools
*The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.