All-In-One Conflict Resolution Trainer Program
Certified Trainer (CT) in Workplace Conflict Resolution
MTI’s Certified Trainer (CT) in Workplace Conflict Resolution is an all-in-one, train-the-trainer solution nested within the MTI Certified Mediator and Trainer Program. Coaches and trainers will be prepared to teach practical mediation techniques for managing workplace conflict. Following the program, trainers are certified to deliver MTI’s conflict resolution seminars within their organization.
Participants learn the MTI method of Workplace Conflict Resolution and how to deliver the MTI seminar modules: Necessary Knowledge (NK), Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) and Third-Party Resolution (TPR).
The certification also features the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP), an individual assessment that increases self-awareness and improves conflict management skills. By completing the program, participants become certified to present, administer and provide feedback on the CDP-Individual (CDP-I) Assessment.
How to Get Certified
Who should attend this Conflict Resolution Training?
The Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT Program) is for professionals who want to train others in conflict resolution and basic mediation.
The program is ideal for:
- Human Resource professionals and leaders within organizations who are responsible for training and development.
- External training consultants and mediators who want to conduct these seminars with clients.
Certified to Deliver Conflict Resolution Seminars for Individuals, Managers and Teams
Following certification, participants can deliver three conflict resolution seminar modules. Designed for individuals and managers, each module offers world-renowned content and a practical conflict resolution process that is applicable to all industries:
- Necessary Knowledge (NK) establishes the core competencies of conflict resolution and how to think strategically about conflict, rather than react blindly to it, and is a prerequisite for,
- Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) teaches individuals to mediate their own conflicts and how their behavior is impacting others (Self-As-Mediator), or
- Third-Party Resolution (TPR) prepares managers to take a proactive mediation role to resolve conflict between two other individuals (Manager-as-Mediator).
Certification in the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) Assessment
As part of the program, participants are also certified to administer and deliver the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) version. The CDP-I is a powerful assessment that helps individuals and teams understand how they respond during conflict, what triggers can escalate conflict and how to manage conflict more effectively.
- Individuals benefit from understanding their conflict behaviors through an individual feedback report, along with a Development Guide that provides information and tips for coping with conflict and building strong interpersonal relationships.
- The CDP-I group report opens up the door for effective conversations about acceptable responses to conflict and how certain behaviors might inadvertently trigger irritation in their colleagues, as well as how to avoid pushing these hot buttons.
The CDP-I can be used with the MTI seminars, as part of a standalone workshop or in individual and team coaching.
CT Program participants have the additional benefit of understanding their own conflict behaviors by taking the CDP-I and receiving their own personal profile as part of this certification process.
The Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT Program) is a comprehensive program divided into three unique learning phases which include 1) pre-work, 2) in-person or live online training, and 3) a one-on-one session with an MTI Master Trainer.
Phase 1: Complete the Program Pre-Work
- Review the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) Assessment Technical Guide and Interpretive Considerations Guide
- Take the CDP-I Assessment yourself
- Complete the Cost of Conflict Calculator and Conflict Culture Survey for review during class
Phase 3: One-on-One Master Trainer Session
To complete your Certification, we provide you with an opportunity to utilize a CDP-I Assessment and deliver a mock feedback to the MTI Master Trainer during a one-on-one session.
The session is structured to also allow time to review questions you may have on delivering the Seminars and any additional areas you’d like to focus on with the Master Trainer.
The Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT Program) gives you access to all the coursework, exercises, materials, videos and assessments you need to deliver these seminars on conflict resolution and mediation strategies.
Comprehensive Seminar Materials and Resources
The CT Program provides access to the Workplace Conflict Resolution Material Kits that must be purchased for each participant to conduct the Necessary Knowledge (NK), Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) and Third-Party Resolution (TPR) seminar modules.
Materials for Trainers to deliver the MTI seminars include:
- Trainer Guide and Participant workbooks for NK, SCC and TPR modules
- Necessary Knowledge Quick Reference Guide
- MTI Mediation Map
- Conflict Resolution Pocket Cards for SCC and TPR
- Managing Differences Sourcebook (by Dan Dana, Founder of MTI)
- Access to The Clash Videos outlining key principles of MTI’s conflict resolution methodology
- Access to the Cost of Conflict Calculator and Conflict Culture Survey for use in conflict evaluation and the seminars.
Cost of Conflict Calculator
The Cost of Conflict Calculator is a dynamic tool that measures the cost of conflict across an organization. The calculations are based on research and up-to-date industry averages.
The calculator provides measurement of the cost of conflict on:
- Organizational Productivity
- Manager & Employee Turnover
- Employee Theft and Sabotage
- Employee Health
- Decision Quality
Survey of Organizational Conflict Management
MTI’s Survey of Organizational Conflict Management Strategies is an organizational assessment that helps you measure the effectiveness of your organization’s current conflict resolution strategies.
Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP) Practitioner Portal
Certified Practitioners have access to the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP) Portal to purchase and administer the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) assessments.
On-Going Practioner Support
MTI offers marketing resources, webinar forums and support for all certified practitioners.
In order to deliver the conflict resolution seminars, practitioners need to become certified and purchase seminar material kits for each participant.
Participant Material Cost
Each participant in these seminars needs a Participant Kit. Please contact us for pricing for certified trainers.
Necessary Knowledge (NK) Participant Kit
1 Kit Per Participant
Workbook + NK Resources
Introductory prerequisite seminar module that establishes the core conflict resolution competencies for either Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) or Third-Party Resolution (TPR).
Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) Participant Kit
1 Kit Per Participant
Workbook + SCC Resources
Teaches a unique communication tool participants can use in to stop their own conflict situations before they escalate.
– OR –
Third-Party Resolution (TPR) Participant Kit
1 Kit Per Participant
Workbook + TPR Resources
Prepares managers to use a unique communication tool to proactively resolve conflict between others before it escalates.
Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP)
1 License Per Participant
CDP Assessment + Electronic Development Guide
The CDP-I can be used in conjunction with these seminars, as part of a standalone workshop or in individual and team coaching.
Preferred Certification Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of experience in management, human resources, training, organizational development, or conflict management
- Coursework in psychology, organizational behavior, entrepreneurship, or a related field
- Experience in using other assessment tools
*The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.