February 12, 2024 - February 16, 2024
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer (CMT) program teaches participants the necessary skills to both resolve conflicts directly as well as train others on workplace conflict resolution strategies. In this 40-hour program, participants learn how to mediate workplace conflict, resolve their own conflict situations and train others on effective workplace conflict resolution strategies.
Participants will learn the MTI method of Managing Workplace Conflict and how to deliver the MTI seminar modules both in-person and virtually:
- Necessary Knowledge (NK) establishes the core competencies of conflict resolution and how to think strategically about conflict, rather than react blindly to it, and is a prerequisite for
- Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) teaches individuals to mediate their own conflicts and how their behavior is impacting others (Self-As-Mediator), or
- Third-Party Resolution (TPR) prepares managers to take a proactive mediation role to resolve conflict between two other individuals (Manager-as-Mediator).
The certification also features the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP), an individual assessment that increases self-awareness and improves conflict management skills. By completing the program, participants become certified to present, administer and provide feedback on the CDP-Individual (CDP-I) Assessment.
2-3 hours of reading and preparation
In-Person Program Information and Logistics
Attendance is required at all sessions to earn certification.
PROGRAM TIME & DATES
February 12-16, 2024 (Monday through Friday)
Morning Sessions: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ET
Lunch: 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET
Afternoon Sessions: 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
Included in your registration:
- Two Snacks, Daily
Hotel and Transportation
Eckerd College has secured a room block for this program.
Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown St. Petersburg
80 Beach Drive NE
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
A unique link to reserve your room will be sent to you shortly after registration.
Transportation is not included.
Post-Program Portal Demo (Virtual)
An opportunity to explore the self-service portal (LDI Portal) to access resources, utilize the CDP and seminar kits with clients, and make resource purchase after being certified.
Date and Time TBD
One-on-one session with a Principal Trainer (Virtual)
The goal of the 60 -minute one-on-one session with the MTI Principal Trainer is to provide you with an
• Apply the training you have learned during the program
• Ask questions about delivering the seminars
• Practice delivering a CDP-I Feedback Report
• Review a section(s) of the program
Government or Non-Profit Organization: $2,535
Educational Organization: $2,400
Please Note: Due to increased shipping costs abroad, registrants outside the continental U.S. will incur an additional $100 fee which will be invoiced upon receipt of registration.
Who Should Attend
The CMT Program is for any professional, regardless of role or level within an organization, who wants to be certified in advanced workplace mediation and train others in conflict resolution skills.
The program is ideal for:
- Human Resource professionals and leaders within organizations who are responsible for training and development.
- External training consultants and mediators who want to conduct these seminars with clients.
Benefits of the CMT Course:
At the successful completion of the CMT, participants are recognized as:
- Certified Trainer of Conflict Resolution (Train-the-Trainer)
- Certified in the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) Assessment
- Certified as an MTI Workplace Mediator
Certified Trainer of Conflict Resolution (Train-the-Trainer)
Through the train-the-trainer certification, practitioners will be able to train others on effective workplace conflict resolution strategies by presenting MTI’s Third-Party Resolution (Manager-as-Mediator) and Successful Conflict Conversations (Self-as-Mediator) seminars. Materials needed for these seminars are available for purchase through MTI.
- Equip participants with conflict resolution strategies they can use to reduce conflict in their organizations.
- Provide tools to help participants build a system within their organizations for more effective mediation and conflict resolution.
Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual Certification
- Receive a comprehensive assessment of your own conflict behaviors through the Conflict Dynamics Profile.
- Understand the model and practical applications for the Conflict Dynamics Profile
- Become eligible to purchase the Conflict Dynamics Profile for your own business.
MTI Workplace Mediation Certification
Earn certification as an MTI Workplace Mediator and be able to mediate differences confidently and efficiently to increase organizational productivity.
- Equip participants with the necessary skills to mediate workplace conflict.
- Provide tools to help participants build a system within their organization for more effective mediation and conflict resolution.
- Teach participants how to help others work through the roadblocks that occur while trying to resolve conflict.
After certification, practitioners must purchase CDP licenses and seminar material kits for each participant through MTI.
Accreditation with IMI
The Mediation Training Institute has adopted an independently-verified, global mediation standard that highlights our world-class training options and elevates our practitioners’ certification with a deeper global reach. New practitioners completing the 6-day Certified Mediator and Trainer (CMT) program will become IMI Qualified Mediators through the International Mediation Institute (IMI), a non-profit public initiative that drives transparency and high competency standards in mediation worldwide.
To attain certification, attendance at all program sessions is mandatory, in addition to fulfilling other specified requirements.
Venue: Eckerd College
The Mediation Training Institute’s program will be hosted on our home campus of Eckerd College on Boca Ciega Bay. The campus is approximately five miles from St. Pete Beach and seven miles from Downtown St. Petersburg, FL.