As HR Professionals, it’s important to manage conflict within the organization. In some cases mediation is the necessary route to dispute resolution. The Mediation Training Institute (MTI) defines workplace disputes as two employees who must find a more effective way of interacting in order to solve a defined and demonstrated business problem.
5 Questions You Should Be Asking
- Is mediation worth the time?
- Is the conflict appropriate for mediation?
- Is there a better option than mediation?
- Are you the right mediator?
- Can you define the business problem?