- September 28, 2020 - October 2, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer (CMT) program teaches participants the necessary skills to both resolve conflicts directly as well as train others on workplace conflict resolution strategies. In this 5-day course, participants learn how to mediate workplace conflict, resolve their own conflict situations and train others on effective workplace conflict resolution strategies.
Alternatively, participants have the option of attending just the first 3 days, the Workplace Conflict Resolution Certified Trainer (CT) program designed to teach professionals practical techniques for managing workplace conflict. The leadership strategies outlined in this seminar help professionals identify and teach effective conflict resolution skills that improve working relationships and foster collaboration. As part of the training, each participant is certified in the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP).
Program Length and Fees
Who Should Attend
Any professional, regardless of role or level within an organization, who wants to be certified in advanced workplace mediation and train others in conflict resolution skills.
- Determine WHEN problems can best be solved by Third-Party Resolutions
- Understand the model and practical applications for the Conflict Dynamics Profile
- Practice the three primary tasks of the workplace mediator
- Negotiate agreements to PREVENT RECURRENCE
- Learn how to teach conflict resolution skills to employees
Benefits of Attending
Workplace Conflict Resolution Certified Trainer (CT) program: Day 1-Day 3
Through this train-the-trainer certification course, practitioners will be able to train others on effective workplace conflict resolution strategies by presenting MTI’s Third-Party Resolution (Manager-as-Mediator) and Successful Conflict Conversations (Self-as-Mediator) seminars. Materials needed for these seminars are available for purchase through MTI.
Equip participants with conflict resolution strategies they can use to reduce conflict in their organizations.
Provide tools to help participants build a system within their organizations for more effective mediation and conflict resolution.
Become Certified in the Conflict Dynamics Profile – Individual (CDP-I) Assessment.
Receive a comprehensive assessment of your own conflict behaviors to conflict through the Conflict Dynamics Profile.
- Pre-approved credit hours: SHRM (21 Hours), HRCI (21 Hours), ICF Core Competencies (21 Hours), ICF Resource Development (10 Hours)
Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer (CMT) program: Day 1-Day 5
In addition, participants who attend all 5-days earn certification as an MTI Workplace Mediator and able to mediate differences confidently and efficiently to increase organizational productivity.
- Equip participants with the necessary skills to mediate workplace conflict.
- Provide tools to help participants build a system within their organization for more effective mediation and conflict resolution.
- Teach participants how to help others work through the roadblocks that occur while trying to resolve conflict.
- Pre-approved credit hours: SHRM (35), HRCI (35), ICF Core Competencies: (35 Hours), ICF Resource Development (10 Hours)
All CT Certified Practitioners must purchase the materials to deliver the SCC and TPR seminars for each participant through MTI.
Practitioners must complete a Seminar Practicum before earning CT Certification.
Onsite custom options are also available.
Venue: Courtyard US Capitol
The Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol hotel is located near Union Station DC and NoMa station. Conveniently located and just minutes from the U.S. Capitol guests are able to visit many top DC attractions including the Smithsonian and the National Mall. Designed for business travelers the hotel lobby features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi, and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via the GoBoard. Hotel restaurant features the Bistro, which provides guests with healthy breakfast selections in the morning & dinner options in the evening including cocktails and specialty Starbucks beverages. The hotel also includes a 24-hr business center, gym and pool.