- March 30, 2020 - April 3, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Given we are now facing a global pandemic with COVID-19 and in support of current public health goals of reducing gatherings and “social distancing” measures, Eckerd College has made a decision on a number of upcoming open-enrollment programs.
At this time we believe it is prudent to postpone all of our April in-person open-enrollment programs. Our plan is to reschedule these programs for a later date and we will coordinate this with you in due time.
- Please visit the MTI Program Calendar for future training dates and locations.
- We are also in the final stages of developing online delivery of our Workplace Conflict Resolution Train-the-Trainer program and Workplace Mediation Certification. If this would be of interest to you or your organization, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer (CMT) program teaches participants the necessary skills to both resolve conflicts directly as well as train others on workplace conflict resolution strategies. In this 5-day course, participants learn how to mediate workplace conflict, resolve their own conflict situations and train others on effective workplace conflict resolution strategies.
Alternatively, participants have the option of attending just the first 3 days, the Workplace Conflict Resolution Certified Trainer (CT) program designed to teach professionals practical techniques for managing workplace conflict. The leadership strategies outlined in this seminar help professionals identify and teach effective conflict resolution skills that improve working relationships and foster collaboration. As part of the training, each participant is certified in the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP).
Program Length and Fees
Who Should Attend
Any professional, regardless of role or level within an organization, who wants to be certified in advanced workplace mediation and train others in conflict resolution skills.
- Determine WHEN problems can best be solved by Third-Party Resolutions
- Understand the model and practical applications for the Conflict Dynamics Profile
- Practice the three primary tasks of the workplace mediator
- Negotiate agreements to PREVENT RECURRENCE
- Learn how to teach conflict resolution skills to employees
Benefits of Attending
Workplace Conflict Resolution Certified Trainer (CT) program: Day 1-Day 3
Through this train-the-trainer certification course, practitioners will be able to train others on effective workplace conflict resolution strategies by presenting MTI’s Third-Party Resolution (Manager-as-Mediator) and Successful Conflict Conversations (Self-as-Mediator) seminars. Materials needed for these seminars are available for purchase through MTI.
Equip participants with conflict resolution strategies they can use to reduce conflict in their organizations.
Provide tools to help participants build a system within their organizations for more effective mediation and conflict resolution.
Become Certified in the Conflict Dynamics Profile – Individual (CDP-I) Assessment.
Receive a comprehensive assessment of your own conflict behaviors to conflict through the Conflict Dynamics Profile.
- Pre-approved credit hours: SHRM (21 Hours), HRCI (21 Hours), ICF Core Competencies (21 Hours), ICF Resource Development (10 Hours)
Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer (CMT) program: Day 1-Day 5
In addition, participants who attend all 5-days earn certification as an MTI Workplace Mediator and able to mediate differences confidently and efficiently to increase organizational productivity.
- Equip participants with the necessary skills to mediate workplace conflict.
- Provide tools to help participants build a system within their organization for more effective mediation and conflict resolution.
- Teach participants how to help others work through the roadblocks that occur while trying to resolve conflict.
- Pre-approved credit hours: SHRM (35), HRCI (35), ICF Core Competencies: (35 Hours), ICF Resource Development (10 Hours)
All CT Certified Practitioners must purchase the materials to deliver the SCC and TPR seminars for each participant through MTI.
Practitioners must complete a Seminar Practicum before earning CT Certification.
Onsite custom options are also available.
The Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk is located in the heart of the city and offers easy access to a variety of attractions such as SeaWorld® San Antonio, concert venues and the Alamo. If you need to take care of work commitments, use the hotel’s ergonomic workstations and free high-speed Wi-Fi, or visit the business center for access to additional services. In the mornings, stop by The Bistro before strolling outside to discover why San Antonio is one of the premier business and vacation destinations in Texas. During downtime, go for a swim in the outdoor pool or work up a sweat in the fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights.