Back to Main Course List
Advanced Certificate in Workplace Mediation
Attend 3 days or 5 days ... your choice
Current mediators, particularly those who are dissatisfied with their current income and who wish to expand their practices to serve the lucrative workplace/organizational sector, may regard MTI's Workplace Mediator Certification Course as advanced skills training.
View the detailed topic outline, particularly days 3 and 4. You will find essentially no overlap with any previous mediation training you may have attended.
View these benefits of retooling to mediate workplace conflicts — a quite different process from mediation in court-based or community venues.
MTI issues an Advanced Certificate in Workplace Mediation to attendees who provide us with a copy of any previous mediator certificate (30 hours or more), including MTI's previous 40-hour course, which was discontinued in August 2010. Advise MTI's Registrar at the time of your registration if you wish to receive the Advanced Certificate.
Attend 3 days or 5 days ... your choice:
The knowledge and skills contained in the first two days of MTI's Workplace Mediator Certification Course may not be professionally relevant for mediators who have previously completed at least 30 hours of mediation training.
However, the basic concepts of those two days are foundational and are prerequisite to attending the remaining three days.
So, mediators wishing to receive MTI's Advanced Certificate in Workplace Mediation may elect to learn the core concepts underlying the final three days of the five-day course by independent self-study using MTI's computer-based training with web-based testing and by completing the Managing Differences Learning Test (MDLT).
Criteria that are expected to be met prior to attendance are:
- 100% scores on each of the three on-line tests associated with the CD-based program, and
- 50% score on the MDLT
All tests may be re-taken as many times as necessary to achieve these criteria.
The following resources are provided to enable this self-directed learning:
- CD containing all informational content, including computer-based learning exercises and quizzes
- Password to access the three on-line tests
- Hard-copy of Managing Differences sourcebook
- Password to download the audio edition of Managing Differences — listen to the Introduction and Chapter 1 now.
- A copy of the Mediation Map, the central organizing concept of all workplace mediation methods contained in MTI's curriculum: Managerial Mediation, Self Mediation, and Professional Mediation. Each method consists of behaviorally specific, stimulus-response actions performed by the mediator to produce rightward movement toward agreement and problem-solution.
IMPORTANT: Please allow sufficient time to complete these requirements prior to the attending the course.