- July 7, 2020
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
This interactive online curriculum is the equivalent of our 3-day, in-person Certified Trainer (CT) in Workplace Conflict Resolution Program.
The VCT Program is an all-in-one, train-the-trainer program that prepares coaches and trainers to teach practical mediation techniques for managing workplace conflict in both a digital and a traditional classroom environment.
By harnessing the latest instructional design for online learning, participants will learn the MTI method of Managing Workplace Conflict and how to deliver the MTI seminar modules both in-person and virtually:
- Necessary Knowledge (NK) establishes the core competencies of conflict resolution and how to think strategically about conflict, rather than react blindly to it, and is a prerequisite for
- Successful Conflict Conversations (SCC) teaches individuals to mediate their own conflicts and how their behavior is impacting others (Self-As-Mediator), or
- Third-Party Resolution (TPR) prepares managers to take a proactive mediation role to resolve conflict between two other individuals (Manager-as-Mediator).
Participants in our VCT Program will experience learning in small digital cohorts, one-on-one coaching with the master trainer, videos, lecturettes, role-play practice and step-by-step training manuals.
Virtual Certified Trainer (VCT) in Workplace Conflict Resolution
Date: July 20-23, 2020 (Monday through Thursday)
Morning Sessions: 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. EDT
Afternoon Sessions: 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT
Government or Non-Profit Organization: $1270
Educational Organization: $1120
Initial pre-work (2 – 3 hours of reading and preparation)
Live, interactive virtual training sessions through Zoom (four days with two, 2-hour-and-30-minute sessions each)
One-on-one 90-minute follow-up session with Master Trainer
Who Should Attend
The VCT Program is for professionals who want to train others in conflict resolution and basic mediation.
The program is ideal for:
- Human Resource professionals and leaders within organizations who are responsible for training and development.
- External training consultants and mediators who want to conduct these seminars with clients.
Benefits of VCT Course to Trainer:
- Learn without the expense of travel.
- Improve your efficiency through flexible, friendly and fully interactive sessions that can be customized for time and environment.
- Present live virtual sessions for geographically diverse learners in your organization.
- Become certified in the Conflict Dynamics Profile – Individual (CDP-I) Assessment.
- Develop conflict resolution strategies for both individuals and managers.
- Explore tools to build effective conflict resolution systems within an organization.
- Receive turn-key materials and resources to successfully deliver the seminars.
At the end of the course, program participants are immediately certified to use the CDP-I and will receive a certificate of attendance for the training hours.
To complete certification for the VCT program, you must deliver a Seminar Practicum for three to six participants (The material fee for the practicum is included in the registration fee).
After completion of certification, practitioners must purchase licenses and seminar material kits for each participant through MTI.
VCT Program Attendance and Technical Requirements
To become a VCT practitioner, you must attend all four days (morning and afternoon sessions) along with meeting the other requirements.
All participants must have access to a monitor (to follow along with the training presentation) and a working webcam, speaker and microphone (connecting via phone can also be used for audio) to actively participate in each session.
Pre-Approved Credit Hours
Please note: This is a new program delivery format, and we have submitted an application for the same SHRM, HRCI and ICF CEU credits as are awarded for our in-person courses. We will notify you of the final credits awarded as soon as they are confirmed.
ADD the Virtual Certified Mediator (VCM) Program to Your Registration
The Virtual Certified Mediator (VCM) program is an interactive online program over two half-days that is the equivalent of the final two days of our in-person, 5-day Certified Mediator & Trainer (CMT) in Workplace Conflict Resolution Program.
Course Prerequisite: Completion of either the Virtual Certified Trainer (VCT) or Certified Trainer (CT) in Workplace Conflict Resolution program is required.
To become certified, participants must attend all program days (morning and afternoon sessions) along with meeting the other requirements.
Technology Requirements for the Program
All participants must have access to a monitor (to follow along with the training presentation), and a working webcam, speaker and microphone (connecting via phone can also be used for audio) to actively participate in each session.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.