If your solution isn't strategic, you've got another problem.TM
Calculate Your Return-on-Investment
in Conflict Management and Mediation Training
- Workplace conflict incurs a high, but hidden, cost — an expense item that is not in your budget.
- That cost is demonstrable — you can measure the financial cost of conflict in your organization in the next five minutes.
- That cost is reducible — mediation consistently resolves 90% of workplace conflicts successfully.
Go to the Conflict Management Toolbox. Using the Dana Measure of Financial Cost of Organizational Conflict, measure the financial cost of a particular conflict in your organization. Make conservative estimates of the nine cost factors — it's not necessary to exaggerate the impact of conflict to produce eye-opening, and perhaps disturbing, results.
- Multiply your result by the number of similar conflicts that occur in your organization annually to estimate the yearly cost of preventable conflict in unbudgeted funds.
Make a conservative estimate of the reduction of that annual cost that would be achieved by early resolution of workplace conflicts — we suggest 10% (although the actual reduction could be 50% or more).
- Compare that number (the reduction in cost of conflict) with the cost of training employees, managers, or key personnel to mediate workplace conflicts and prevent their escalation. (If you don't have our training price list, please request it.) What would be your return on investment in training?
Most people determine their ROI to be at least 1000% (i.e., cost savings are least ten times the cost of training).
Finally, notice that the cost of litigation is not among the nine cost factors considered in the on-line Dana Measure. When a conflict is not resolved before attorneys become involved, the cost of conflict explodes by at least a factor of ten.
Request a detailed proposal including topic outlines, learning objectives, format options, pricing, references, and other information needed to decide whether to adopt MTI's programs.
Put the tools of the professional mediator in the hands of every employee
For all staff: How to Resolve Conflict with Others (Self Mediation)
For managers: How to Mediate Employee Conflict (Managerial Mediation)
For trainers: Train-the-trainer
- Self-paced learning by CD with web-based testing and reporting — several HRD options
- MTI Training System, a cafeteria plan for strategic conflict management
Certification Courses in Managing Workplace Conflict
- A two-day course for managers, HRD, ER, OD, EAP, and other professionals
Workplace Mediator Certification Course
- A five-day course for HRD, ER, OD, EAP, and other professionals who manage conflict in their jobs
- Your entire team can gain essential knowledge in your conference room in one hour. Private customized webinars are also available.