Training without Traveling — See also Online Trainer Certification
Online Certification in Managing Workplace Conflict
"When it doesn't make sense to fly there"
Equivalent to Course B in MTI's instructor-led courses
APPLY HERE after reading the remainder of this page ...
The preferable way to become a Certified Manager of Managing Workplace Conflict or a Certified Professional in Managing Workplace Conflict is to attend a scheduled instructor-led two-day Certification Course — online training rarely matches the dynamic, enriched educational experience of learning alongside cohorts guided by an expert classroom instructor. View current dates and cities.
However, we recognize that your schedule may conflict with MTI's calendar of offerings. Or, the time and expense of traveling to an open-enrollment certification event may make attendance impractical.
For your convenience, MTI offers online training, which avoids the necessity of travel. Upon completion of the online training program, you will be prepared to effectively perform Managerial Mediation and Self Mediation, the two core competencies for managing workplace conflict.
Individuals who possess skills in delivering seminars and workshops, and who wish to join MTI's global network of Certified Trainers who are qualified to deliver these seminars as a classroom instructor, may prefer the Online Trainer Certification option.
Online training is especially appropriate for professionals located outside North America, for whom the cost and inconvenience of international travel to an instructor-led course may be prohibitive.
Upon completion of the online certification program, managers and professionals may facilitate learning via computer-based training for other members of their organization. (See "CBT with Internal Facilitation" section.)
APPLY HERE after reading the remainder of this page ... experienced training professionals may also consider online trainer certification.
Step 1: Application and Document Review
Step 2: Establish Your Knowledge Base and Competency
- Complete this brief online application form. You will be notified automatically upon completion of your application, and you may return to this page.
- Once your application is confirmed, send an email to email@example.com containing a goal statement (why you are interested in learning how to manage workplace conflict) accompanied by your resumè.
- Unless previous voice conversations have accomplished this purpose, a telephone interview with an MTI representative will be scheduled to discuss your interests, goals, and qualifications, and to answer your questions about MTI's online training.
- Upon approval of your application, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance.
- Make payment by check or major credit card to MTI's Registrar ($695, which is equivalent to the early registration fee for Certification Courses) — certain discounts may apply. Feel free to take advantage of MTI's installment payment option. Please note: Refunds cannot be accommodated after materials are shipped.
- You will receive orientation and any personalized assistance you may need in completing the procedures listed below.
- You will be introduced to your Online Learning Leader who will provide time-limited support in developing your competencies in managing workplace conflict.
Step 3: Certification
The following materials will be shipped to you at the address you entered on the registration form. (There is no cost for standard UPS delivery within the United States — expedited or international shipping incurs additional cost.)
Sourcebook: Managing Differences, by Dan Dana (MTI Publications)
Downloadable audio edition of Managing Differences — listen to Introduction and Chapter 1 now (free to the public)
Sourcebook: Conflict Resolution, by Dan Dana (McGraw-Hill)
Computer-based course: Managing Workplace Conflict (CD-based learning with web-based testing), which includes eleven video segments demonstrating how to perform Managerial Mediation and Self Mediation.
One set of each seminar workbook: Module 1: Necessary Knowledge, Module 2: Successful Conflict Conversations, Module 3: Third-Party Resolutions. These workbooks are designed to serve as learner resources in instructor-led seminars, and may be used for reference and enhancement of the online training program.
Coaching video — view coaching video launch pad, which you may use for refreshing your skills and for coaching and mentoring others.
Quick-reference cards: Managerial Mediation, Self Mediation, Preventive Mediation
- Complete the "Managing Differences Learning Test" online. This challenging 20-item multiple-choice test is based entirely upon the contents of the Managing Differences sourcebook. A minimum of 50% correct is required for certification; the test may be re-taken any number of times until the 50% criterion is met. Achievement of 90% correct is awarded with the "Subject Matter Expert" designation.
- Write a two-page review of the Conflict Resolution sourcebook (optional but recommended). A structure will be provided for this written review.
- Complete the computer based course, with web-based testing. Achievement of 100% correct on each of three tests is required; tests may be re-taken any number of times to reach this criterion.
- Complete MTI's online conflict assessment instruments: The Dana Measure of Financial Cost of Organizational Conflict and the Dana Survey of Conflict Management Strategies. A special user name and password will be sent to you, as well as an Interpretive Guide to assist in understanding your results. You will have unlimited use of these instruments to perform assessments in your organization.
You will receive a complimentary registration for each of the four instructional webinars offered by MTI Webiversity, personally conducted by Dr. Dana, which you may redeem for any date on which at least one regular paid registrant is also participating.
- Informally practice the role-plays with two colleagues or friends. Be sure to play each of the roles, including the Initiator (Module 2: Self Mediation) and the Mediator (Module 3: Managerial Mediation). Include both giving and receiving feedback, using the feedback procedure provided. You may request a brief (20-minute) telecoaching session with your Online Learning Leader in preparation for these practice sessions, and a similar post-practice debriefing session. The intent of coaching is to enhance your effectiveness in applying your skills; it is not for evaluative purposes.
- Your certificate reading "Certified Manager of Managing Workplace Conflict" or "Certified Professional in Managing Workplace Conflict" (suitable for framing) will be delivered.
- You will be eligible to attend future instructor-led Certification Courses as a "refresher" (Track 4 Registration).
- Online Certification is recognized as equivalent to attendance as a "Track 2" (Certified Manager) or "Track 3" (Certified Professional) registrant at an instructor-led Certification Course. These options are identical in content and format, differing only in the intended application of skills by the learner.
APPLY HERE — HRD professionals and other experienced trainers may also consider online trainer certification.