Transition times between course segments may be adjusted to meet the needs of the group. Early departure is discouraged; should such be necessary, please advise the instructor in advance.
- 8:30am: Check in, receive program materials, orientation, introductions
- 8:45am: Module 1: Necessary Knowledge 1 2
- Building a foundation for taking effective action
- Introducing the Mediation Map one-page application aid (PDF)
- 12:00: Lunch*
- 1:15pm: Module 3: Third Party Resolutions 2
- Managerial Mediation: A core workplace competency for managers, supervisors, and team leaders
- 5:00pm: Adjourn for the day
- Evening: Networking dinner groups (optional)
NOTE: Attending Day 1 only is a registration option (Track 5) of the Certification Course, and is one of the courses contained in MTI's flexible Eight-Courses-in-One curriculum, which includes 1-day, 2-day, 3-day, and 5-day courses in the same place at the same time.
- 8:30am: Module 2: Successful Conflict Conversations 1 2
- Self Mediation: A core workplace competency for every organization member
- 12:00: Lunch*
- 1:15pm: Preventive Mediation
- Four "Rules of Engagement" that stop conflict before it starts
- 1:30pm: Weaving Mediation into the Fabric of Organizations3
- Beyond skills: The strategic management of organizational conflict
- Beyond training: A blueprint for creating a Mediating Organization
- 3:30pm: Action plans for application of new skills
- 3:45pm: Course evaluation; distribution of certificates
- 4:00pm: Course ends
NOTE: The 2-day Certification Course with Trainer Certification options is contained in MTI's flexible Eight-Courses-in-One curriculum, which includes 1-day, 2-day, and 5-day courses in the same place at the same time.
1 Modules 1 and 2 of the Managing Differences Seminar constitute the Self-as-Mediator Seminar
2 Modules 1 and 3 (Module 2 optional) of the Managing Differences Seminar constitute the Manager-as-Mediator Seminar
3 A PowerPoint-supported presentation that each registrant will receive.
* Lunch is on your own. Information will be provided regarding dining options. Optional luncheon networking groups will be coordinated.