Company Licensing for Strategic Conflict Management
Beyond training: Strategic conflict management ... an imminent organizational imperative
Increasingly, corporations and other organizations having at least 200 employees recognize that establishing core competencies in managing workplace conflict in a broad base of their workforce is not only a strategic issue, but is rapidly becoming an organizational imperative — much as quality management progressed from simply a strategic issue in the 1970's to a critical imperative today (successful firms in competitive markets now cannot NOT attend to quality!). Examine MTI's formula for calculating ROI to demonstrate.
MTI offers a flexible annually renewable corporate licensing program that dramatically reduces the cost of training while adding several unique benefits and safeguards. Components include:
Train your trainers
One or more of your HRD professionals become prepared and certified to deliver MTI's customizable courses for other employees. Trainer certification may be accomplished by:
- Attending a public course (click to view current calendar) and selecting either Course C or Course E registration options, or
- Holding an in-house presentation of the two-day course (a pilot presentation can be arranged prior to commitment to the licensing program, the cost of which may be deducted from the licensing fee), or
- Becoming certified by on-line training (no travel required). Tuition for on-line trainer certification is waived when integrated into the licensing fee, quoted below.
The program may be enhanced by including certification of your trainer(s) to deliver the 40-hour Professional Workplace Mediator Certification Course, although on-line methods are not suitable to achieve adequate competency to deliver this course. There is no additional licensing fee for this feature, although course materials cannot be reproduced internally. Contact MTI to discuss.
Your employees receive extensive learning- and application-support resources, ensuring that they actually acquire and maintain the competencies delivered by training.
- License to customize (including placement of your logo on workbook covers) and internally reproduce the printable participant resources (Tracks 2 and 3), thereby avoiding the cost of purchasing these materials.
- Unlimited downloads of the audio edition of the Managing Differences sourcebook. Alternatively, you may purchase copies of the printed edition at the cost-recovery price, quoted below.
- Any number (up to your requested limit) of the Coaching Video CD containing all eleven skill-demonstration video segments used in the training and used for skill-maintenance post-training, or for coaching other employees who have not yet attended training.
- Any number (up to your requested limit) of the three Quick-refresher Wallet Cards for Managerial Mediation, Self Mediation, and Preventive Mediation
CD-based supplemental training
Measurement and maintenance
Instructional CD for self-paced learning with web-based testing and reporting. Review these HRD options for their use in supplementing or substituting for classroom training.
MTI's objective is to build a self-sustaining body of conflict management competence in your organization, sufficiently robust to ensure routine prevention and early resolution of workplace conflict, thereby minimizing its hidden costs. This objective is achieved by:
- Providing unlimited access to MTI's on-line assessment instruments.
- Up to two hours monthly of teleconsulting by Dr Dan Dana any any program issues, including sampling and statistical strategies for measuring the financial and other impact of developing your workforce competencies.
- Complimentary registration in regularly scheduled educational webinars for an unlimited number of members of your organization.
Your company's investment in the annually renewable license is $25,000 to train 500 or fewer employees, and $45,000 to train more than 500 - 5000 employees — an investment that can be recouped in a matter of days, or even in a single instance of conflict prevention. (US federal and state government agencies receive 5% discount.)
The optional hardcopy sourcebooks (Managing Differences) may be purchased at the cost-recovery price of $10/copy (50% off the retail price) plus shipping.
Note that unless trainer certification by a classroom instructor (public course or in-house) is selected, travel is unnecessary, making the licensing program accessible to companies worldwide.